The Wheel - Regional Support Programme
The Wheel is developing our engagement regionally through working collaboratively with Regional Champions in local community-based organisations.
The Regional Champions will provide an engagement structure for members of The Wheel and ensure that the shared interests of organisations at a regional level is feed into relevant local and national policies.
The objectives of the Regional Membership Programme are:
- To strengthen The Wheel’s engagement with community, voluntary and charitable organisations regionally
- To build a vibrant regional network through increased membership and member engagement
- To ensure that the shared interests of community and voluntary organisations at a regional level feed into relevant policy areas.
The Wheel is partnering with a number of organisations regionally to implement the programme. Four regional champions have been recruited to date. Their organisations are known and trusted locally and The Wheel is building on the networks they have developed.
Meet Your Regional Champions
Meath, Louth and Cavan
Claremont Stadium, Navan, Co. Meath
T: 046 9029693
Mayo, Roscommon and Sligo
Council for the West, Killala, Co. Mayo
T: 096 32484
Galway and Clare
Volunteer Galway, Galway City
T: 091 393260
Cork, Kerry and Waterford
Avondhu Blackwater Partnership, Castletownroche, Co. Cork
T: 022 46580
The Regional Champions will:
- build relationships regionally with current and potential members of The Wheel and other key stakeholders
- respond directly to queries as appropriate or forward the query to the relevant member of staff
- give presentations about The Wheel’s work at existing networking events
- promote The Wheel’s publications, trainings and events
- facilitate quarterly regional forums as a regional engagement space (the forums will be open to members and non-members).
What can you do?
If you are in contact with a current member from any of the above counties:
- inform them about The Wheel’s Regional Programme
- provide them with the Regional Champion’s contact details and encourage them to make contact
- give them a copy of the Regional Support Programme flyer
- bring copies of the flyer to events in the relevant counties.